Regardless of when you’ll be using hair wigs eventually, there will come a time when you’ll want to know which is better: wigs made from synthetic or real hair. Since there are lots of advocates on both sides of this issue, you’ll continually encounter this debate.
Human Hair Wigs
You’ll find that wigs made from human hair are really versatile. You can style and curl them in the same way that you’d style and curl your own natural hair. Initially, you will need to visit a professional hairstylist since the provider won’t pre-style it for you. However, once you do you’ll find that this wig will last longer than a synthetic one.
Advantages to Human Hair
There are several advantages to wigs that are made from human hair, including:
- When properly cared for, they look and feel more natural. They’ll also last longer (up to a year).
- There are many bases and hairline materials available for you to choose from. When you choose a good material your hair wigs will look more natural.
- You can color and style them like you would your own natural hair.
- By sending the provider a sample of your natural hair they should be able to provide you with a texture and feel that matches.
Drawbacks to Human Hair
While there are a lot of benefits to these wigs, there are also a few drawbacks that you should know about. These include:
- They require more maintenance and care. You’ll need to wash and deep-condition them on a regular basis with products that are made specifically for them.
- Typically these are more expensive.
- Before you can wear your wig you’ll need to visit a salon to have it cut and styled for you.
Synthetic Hair Wigs
Synthetic hair wigs aren’t only less expensive than wigs that are made from human hair but they also require less care and are really easy to store since their fibers are resistant to humidity. While these wigs are available in various colors, textures, and styles you can’t cut them or treat them with heat because doing so will mess up their synthetic fibers.
Advantages to Synthetic Hair
There are a lot of reasons why people choose synthetic wigs, including:
- They’re easy to care for. You simply, wash, dry, shake and wear your wig. Just make sure you use products made specifically for these wigs. Never clean it with regular shampoo and conditioner.
- Regardless of how you style your wig, it’ll hold up to humidity.
- If you have a few of these wigs you can easily change your hairstyle simply by changing your wig.
- These wigs are less expensive than ones made from human hair.
Drawbacks to Synthetic Hair
While wigs made from synthetic hair may seem like the right choice for you, it’s important to know what their drawbacks include. These are:
- They won’t last long even when properly taken care of (typically 4 – 6 months).
- You can’t straighten or curl them since heat will damage them. Therefore you won’t be able to change the wig’s style.
- These wigs may look “too perfect” and thus “unnatural.”
Now that you know more about these different types of wigs you may still be wondering what the best option is. The answer depends on what you need. If you want a wig that’s customizable and looks natural you should go for real hair but if you want something that’s inexpensive and easy to take care of you should opt for synthetic hair. Regardless of what you choose the Wigs and Hair Systems Studio is here to help you find hair wigs that look great on you.